Monday 16 July 2007

...like a magnet...

I was about to say something sketical but was cut off, before the words escaped my mouth, by the sound of some thing falling to the floor and breaking into a thousand pieces, behind me.
I span round facing the door that lead into the kitchen, where the noise had come from.
My heart beating faster and faster as adrenalin coursed through my body, making my hands and knees shake.
The guy, (I'm nick naming mind reader), jumped to his feet in a fluid montion, grabbing my hand as he headed towards the front door. Half dragging me as i try to keep up.
Mind reader not even bothering to open the door, raises his arm, flicking his hand in the direction of the middle of the door, it flys outward taking parts of the door frame with it as splinters are scattering everywhere.
I ducked covering my face and realised suddenly that i was whimpering, which made me angry, at myself for being so weak and like a baby, at my mom for not picking me up, at mind read for the fact that he had just blown apart the front door!
"HEY!" I screamed at mind reader as we both raced out the hole where the door used to be, "You better pay to repare the damage you just caused!" I know that i was being stupid I was just getting irritated plus angry and I needed to take it out on someone or something so mind reader seemed like the perfect target seeing as he had just blown a door apart that was deffinitly goning to cost a lot to repare...
He looked at me over his shoulder, calmly saying "Your life is more important."
This took me off guard making me stumble and nearly fall over, but mind reader was quick, grabbing my shoulder to help me regain my balance.
'What did he mean by that? Was he trying to help me or not?' i needed to stop and figure things out, 'I thought he'd been a bad guy? Had i been wrong? I wasn't normally wrong when it came to my gut feeling about certain things or people.' I started think about all the things that had taken place so far but remembered that this guy could read my mind and most likely was, so i desided to try stop thinking about personal things or things that were important to me, for now and concentrate on running, my breathing, my heart as it beat inside me and mind reader, 'If I'm to see if I can beat him if it ever came down to a fight, I'll have to watch for any weakness he may have, that i might be able to use against him.'
Once we rounded a corner we slowed donw to a fast walking pace.
He still held on tightly to my arm not letting go no matter how hard i tried to get away.
"Who are you? And what do you want from me?" I got right to the point, giving up on trying to escape from his clutch.
"Who I am is not for you to know until the time is right and what i want from you will have to wait till we get to my house because it's a long story and will best be told over food." He replied, not even bothering to look at me anymore.
"No, I don't want any food, I want answers." I practically spat the words right in his face.
"Patience is a virtue."
I felt like wringing his neck till the words popped right out of his head along with his tiny annoying brain!
He laughed, it was a laugh that said he was pleased to be getting under my skin so easily.
I was just about to slap him up side the head but right at that moment we stopped in front of a worn down house that seemed to be abandoned, with it's boarded up windows and the paint peeling from the walls.
"Home, Sweet Home." Mind reader said proudly,letting go of me as he placed both of his hands on his hips, pride and joy shining out of his eyes.
He was looking at this place as though he himself had built it, although come to think of it, from the state it was in I think almost anyone could have built it...
Mind reader looked offended by my thoughts but didn't mention it, he just walked up to the door waving his hand over the lock and swinging the door open to reveal a darkness from within that sent shivers down my back, 'This place feels really old as though it was built when cave men were around...', the sun barely reached a foot within.
There was something that didn't feel right, though I didn't know if the feeling was about the house or something within it, whatever it was i couldn't put my finger on it.
Mind reader stepped inside, turned around, the darkness and light seeming to fight for space about him making all his features sharper, and asked, "You coming?"
I didn't want to, I didn't trust mind reader or the darkness that radiated from this place, but with the sun going down and with whatever it was that was after me still out there somewhere, plus there was something about this building that just seem to atract me like a magnet, it gave me a strange feeling that i didn't have a choice on wether or not i was going in...
I walked up to the open door of this keepy building and taking one kast look around, stepped inside, the door swinging shut behind me with a loud creak, the last rays of light disappearing behind it and cloaking me in darkness...

wings©2007

27 comments:

A Rebels Revenge said...

Good story so far,mind reader still sounds cool,yet strange.Oh that reminds me.Today we found out that Max can read minds,well there goes our self asteam.
Wow.Now I'm starting to type as much as Ziggy.

~Zeke

wings said...

Hey Zeke
thx
yeah he does seem strange...
oh cool
though that would take away the whole point of prifacy....
yip it does seem that you're typing a lot more
^_^

Ink said...

Ooo!!!! I like it a lot! I like Mind reader, I wish that I could do that more then anything!
And the whole house thing... now I'm left with more questions!

VERY GOOOOD!!

XxInk

Just another face in the crowd said...

That was soo awesome! I am soo amazed! :D

Max Ride Fan 13 said...

Ooooo... Scary ending. I'm kidding! I love it!!!

wings said...

Ink!
thx
^_^

wings said...

hi just another face in the crowd

thx
^_^

wings said...

hi max ride fan 13

i'm glad you do
:)

Tenacious said...

You might not wanna peek into others peoples mids.

wings said...

i wouldn't want to!
every persons' mind opens up a new world!
sometimes that world could be bad behond belief!

it is a scary thought but most people will think bad things about other people and what they want to do to that person/people....

Ink said...

Yup, yup!
: D

XxInk

WingedChild said...

There's more right?!?!?! i must have more!!! I love it!!!!

ur writing more right???

-WingedChild

wings said...

Ink!
^_^

wings said...

Wingedchild

will be...
'_'

Rose :Raven: said...

Hey thx for commenting my book name is The runaways. Its like maximum ride but mixed up. I'm in the book too. I've got black and silver wings with navy blue spots, and i'm half wolf. If you want the full description its on one of the comments on my blog.

Raven

wings said...

cool
Raven
8)
^_^

WingedChild said...

Yes!!!!

Now im happy. :)

-WingedChild

wings said...

that's good to hear
^_^
Wingedchild

wings said...

ink
XD

Aesopha said...

Hey Wings!
You are a very talented writer. You remind me of L.i.l.l.i.x. Hey! I have to tell her to read this! Anyway, I hope you write more, the storyline is very, eccentric. Onix and Siron say hi, by the way. Well, I have to go, the dinner bell just rang. I'm gonna write again later today so stay tuned in to my bloggie, kk? See yaz!
Byez!
Jamie Besont!

wings said...

Will do!
and thx!
^_^

Ink said...

UPDATE THIS BLOG PLEEEEASE!!
I want to read more!!
: D

XxInk

wings said...

ink
when i can...
:)
i've been very busy lately...
^_^

WingedChild said...

Is there more coming soon...?

pwease?

-WingedChild

ps. ur a really good auther. :) and im not trying to be annoying but its like waiting for the next book 2 come out, cept it's the next chapter.

could u imagine waiting months 2 read the next CHAPTER??

o well...ill wait...

Ink said...

Oh, I get it! No prob! I can wait.
: D
: D

XxInk

wings said...

winged child
^_^

wings said...

ink!
^_^
*hugs*